YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 21: Two Losses

So, everyone keeps asking. It's a natural question. I mean, think about what I'm eating. For the first time in a long time, I'm taking in the right amount of calories for my body weight. And since I've been exercising, it was bound to happen. So, I'll come clean about the question that people ask me out of the side of their mouths so as not to disturb the spiritual waters of Pick Five.

I've lost eight pounds.

This is decent news, since over the last year I have slowly grown out of my wardrobe and resigned myself to the "dumpy wardrobe". I have been blessed over the years to receive gorgeous and well-made clothes from a benevolent friend of a friend (read: rockin' hand-me-downs) that I have put to pitiful use because of my size change. And now, I can make her donations work overtime for all the wear they're going to get.

But don't go jumping on the Pick Five not-a-diet diet bandwagon until you hear the second loss.

I think my hair is falling out. I'm trying not to panic. At first, I chalked it up to summer time molting. Then, I thought it was because I was wearing it in an updo a lot lately, and so some hairs were ripping out. But now, I'm starting to worry. For those of you who don't know me, this is like Beyonce losing her derrière, or Elizabeth Taylor's eyes suddenly turning brown. I know, not very modest comparisons, as I am neither Beyonce or Elizabeth. But my long red tresses thinning out would be a major blow to my ego. I feel really conflicted about this. I don't want to be vain about my looks, but I really don't want to lose my hair. I feel defeated. Ugh.

Please, God. Don't teach me this lesson in humility. Please. please.

(Maybe an increase/decrease in one of the five that could make a difference. Or maybe one of my prescriptions is doing it. Must look into it.)

3 comments:

  1. so this is more than the normal daily hair loss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, definitely. Not a subject I take lightly. And this is a lot of hair coming out per day.

    A friend just left a message for me saying I needed more iron. But my nutrition data says I'm getting 65% RDA of iron. I'm going to tweak my levels of the five and see if I can get to 90% or higher. Will keep everyone updated when I see a change.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UPDATE: I've adjusted my levels of the five foods to reach 94% iron in my diet. Will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete