YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Friday, August 7, 2009

Day 7: I Hate Edamame

I hate edamame.
I hate edamame.
I hate edamame.

I am choking it down. What used to be a lovely sometimes treat is now the bane of my mealtime. I think it's the texture. And the taste. It's just no longer appetizing. It's my protein and carrier of many important vitamins and nutrients, so I cannot skip it. I hope the distaste is a hump I can pass over. I know it's mind over matter on this one. It's EXACTLY the reminder that I need, that food is important, not just for taste, but mainly for the life it gives to our bodies. But it's hard. I'm not gonna lie. It reminds me of the fast in Daniel 10: “In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.”

Well, only 33 more days to go.

On a less self-pitying note, the kids and I picked up some Capital Area Food Bank donation boxes and have set up a donation center at Lifetime Fitness in south Austin. If you're a member, feel free to drop off some donations in the Child Center foyer. Food drive runs through August 31st. Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious!!! Edamame sounds like "Mommie!!!!" I'm that!

    ReplyDelete