YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 12: The Crave List


When I announced what five things I'd be eating for Pick Five, much of the response was, "Aren't you going to be hungry?" Well, I said it then, and I'll say it now.

Nope.

I do have a controlled amount of food that I'm eating, but the point of this exercise was not to be hungry. It was to simply limit my choices. Squeeze out the excess. But I'll tell you, if I'm hungry, it's because it's lunch time. Or dinner. I have not once been hungry after a meal.

Howwwevvverrrrrrr...

I have been hungry/thirsty FOR things. I'll indulge you in my crave list:
Cereal, esp. Oh!s and Life
Chocolate milk
Supreme pizza
Chocolate cake/cupcakes
Brisket and sausage
Potato salad
Cole slaw
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeese
Thundercloud Subs (Austinites, can I get a whoop whoop!)
Pasta
French bread
Red wine
Caesar salad (Look at the last four. Maybe I should have done a Scegliere Cinque.)
Rotisserie chicken
Bacon (Not turkey bacon. Sorry, Mom.)
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Fish tacos (don't knock it 'til you've tried it)
Gingerbread pancakes from Kerby Lane Cafe
I had a Chick-O-Stick craving the other day. But I think this was a fluke. I haven't eaten one of these in years.
And, saving the most desperate for last...
Cue beam of light from heaven and chorus of angels...
COFFEE. In any shape or form. I think if I opened a bag of coffee right now, I might just get too excited and start crunching on the shiny French Roast beans before they even got to the grinder.

So, think of me when you have any of these. And try not to cackle with delight.
I hope you choke.

(Sorry, I didn't mean that about the choking. I had to bring some levity after yesterday's downer. Whah, whah.)

1 comment: