YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 5: How's it Going?

"So, how's it going?"

You're wondering, too? I answer this question in person all day long, but I'm not sure how well I've addressed that here. And, well, I suppose it's time.

So, here's how it's going:

I'm already sick of edamame and spinach. I miss cereal. I wish I could slather some Country Crock on a piece of Honey 7 Grain bread and inhale it. I have dreams about drinking coffee. I drool at the thought of a Skor bar.

BUT... I love brown rice. I love apples. I love almonds. I'm drinking more water than I ever have in my life (which was very little).

I am happy and healthy and physically strong and thankful. Each morning, I wake and am excited for another day. The scripture that sits at the top of this page, "So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?'" has more meaning now. My mind is free to meditate on other things. I am not extremely bothered by what I am not eating, nor am I at all tempted to give up or break free of my five foods.

I must admit, I have stared down a couple of bowls of rice and edamame. I have had the Elvis lip curl a couple of times. But it passes quickly. I am reminded, as I hoped I would be, that every meal is a gift; each bite of food sustains my very life. It's a big thought:
Each
bite
of
food
sustains
my
very
life.
That's one thought that I don't want to fade out with time.

My belly is full. And my heart is glad.

No comments:

Post a Comment