YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Day 6: Small Joy

This food simplification means I'm eating five things. The point is to be challenged by the drastic change, and moved beyond the spoiled diversity of my regular diet. I'm supposed to get bored with the food. The challenge is NOT to find how many different combinations and different forms of the five things I can find to make my Pick Five food more interesting. For example: I'm not going to buy brown rice flour and almond oil and try to fry up some tortillas.

I am going to stick close to the five things in their natural form. But...

Today is day three with a sore throat. It hurts to swallow. And I've got to be honest. I wanted a popsicle. So I used my Breville Juice Fountain Elite (best gift ever, thanks Uncle Boo) and juiced some apples, then froze them into popsicles. Oh, the sweet natural goodness. Is it wrong to employ my home's resources?

1 comment:

  1. Amazing!! What an ingenious idea....or perhaps more likely Divine Intervention:) Hope your throat feels better soon. You could also gargle with warm salt water....especially since salt and water are part of the plan. Take Care, Wendy

    ReplyDelete