YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Days 15&16: Happy Vegetarian

From Numbers chapter 11:

Now the people complained about their hardships in the hearing of the Lord, and when he heard them his anger was aroused. Then fire from the Lord burned among them and consumed some of the outskirts of the camp...

The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat! We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost--also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!" ...

[The LORD said to Moses], "Tell the people: 'Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow, when you will eat meat. The Lord heard you when you wailed, "If only we had meat to eat! We were better off in Egypt!" Now the Lord will give you meat, and you will eat it. You will not eat it for just one day, or two days, or five, ten or twenty days, but for a whole month--until it comes out of your nostrils and you loathe it--because you have rejected the Lord, who is among you.' "...

Now a wind went out from the LORD and drove quail in from the sea... But while the meat was still between their teeth and before it could be consumed, the anger of the LORD burned against the people, and he struck them with a severe plague.


I thought I wanted a little meat. Just some chicken or a carne fajita taco. But, nope. I have everything that I need. I'm just fine, God. No thanks.

Mmmmm... rice. Mmmmm... spinach. Mmmmm... apples. Mmmmm... almonds. Yum.

No quail. Thankyouverymuch.

(All's well on the Pick Five front. I'm hanging in there. Still got 24 days to go! Stay with me!)

3 comments:

  1. BTW that's the grossest photo of food I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty gross. I did a google image search for quail. My search words: "thousands of quail". So, yeah. Gross. I'm still trying to figure out what country that is.

    ReplyDelete