YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Days 8&9: Flying

You know when you board an airplane, and you're all excited or nervous about the initial take-off? You stare out the window, watching the parallax of the trees and mountains change with speed as you taxi down the runway, the sound growing ever more intense. There is vibration, tension, and the plane feels like its going to soon whistle like a tea kettle or explode. And then, there's a release as finally you lift off into the sky. The sound quiets, the cabin steadies, and suddenly, you are in a new dimension, looking down on the earth below grow smaller and smaller until you feel like you can move the houses like pieces on the Monopoly board. And then, you are flying.

I feel like I'm flying right now. My hands have released from their tight grip on the armrest. My back and neck tingle with surrender. The initial take off is over. I feel like I've hit a comfort zone in this Pick Five journey, and I'm just taking it all in stride.

In nine days, not a single outside food or drink has reached my mouth. I made three delicious cakes and sat through a mouth-watering brisket and sausage dinner at my mother-in-law's, and still remained unshaken. My Pick Five simplification is completely intact. Isn't that amazing? I am really, truly amazed by that. And not in a see-what-I-can-do, look-mom-no-hands kind of way, but just overwhelmed by the strength the LORD has given me thus far.

Now that I'm here, in this new phase, I pray that my heart will also let loose its tension. It's a prerequisite to receiving the teaching that awaits.

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:28-31

PS. If you're wondering how I went from "I Hate Edamame" to "Flying" in two days, remember that there was a Sabbath in between. Put it to the test. See Isaiah 58:13-14. He is so faithful.

1 comment:

  1. I'm soaring with JOY for the peace you are now receiving! Take off, daughter. I love to get glimpses of your heights.

    ReplyDelete