YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 20: Halftime Dance

So... hmm... what's new... oh, yeah... I'M HALFWAY THROUGH!!!

Let me take this moment to do a happy little Snoopy jig.

... still jigging...

... wait, one more...

... okay, I'm done.

For twenty days, I have been 99.998% loyal to Pick Five (-.001 each for the accidently chewed and spit out baby carrot and the two drops of gravy).

Before I realized it was day 20 today, I was really grumpy. The multiple errands in 100ยบ heat with three children was getting to me. But then I signed the last receipt on the last errand, remembered it was the 20th, and my whole mood changed.

I had a lilt in my step as I took the kids to the Austin Children's Museum and played like a five-year old for two hours. So much fun.

I can't believe it. Half way. Praise God.

Please stay with me. Keep praying. It hasn't exactly flown by. And just as Moses held up his arms during the battle against the Amalekites, so I continue on until this is complete. But Moses had help, too. His arms got tired, and Aaron and Hur held them up for him, so that the Israelites would continue toward victory. Will you be my Aaron and Hur? Thank you so much for all your love and encouragement and support along the way. It is invaluable.

"So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up--one on one side, one on the other--so that his hands remained steady till sunset." Exodus 17:10-12





2 comments:

  1. I get home from three weeks of being away and I've been reading PICK 5 the whole time to see where Susana is at in her deep spiritual
    journey. This FAST of hers is sobering and has affected us all
    including my 81 year old mother who has decided, and has been
    convicted of SIMPLIFYING her life. She was in the process of moving
    and as we were thinning out her belongings, we found she had enough stuff for 5 garage sales. Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.
    Upon my return home, Susana had come to my home and replenished my refridge with simple, basic delicious food to bless us as we stumbled in the door from a long trek home. Susana was thinking of supplying FOOD, (food she is abstaining from) wanting to help the tired, weary travelers. Is she worried about the spiritual significance of this PICK 5 endeavor??? Worry no more! What she has accomplished in the "chesed" ( Hebrew for "MERCY") department will surely merit "Well done, my good and faithful servant!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mom. I'm so glad you guys are home. You're two of my favorite people.

    ReplyDelete