YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day 4: Too Little, Too Late


So, I looked in the fridge today, and realized that even though I'm going through this thing, and I'm thinking about all the hunger and poverty around the world, and teaching my children to appreciate what they have, I completely neglected to buy groceries for my family.

I have plenty of the five things, mind you. I took pains make sure I was fully covered on that front. But what about my kids? What about my ridiculously hard working husband? Doesn't he deserve a hot delicious meal? I SHOULD THINK SO!!!

So, I went to the grocery store with them in mind. No almonds, apples or the like in the cart. I came home to find that my husband (who sleeps daytime, works nighttime) had gotten up early, gone shopping himself, come back to stock the fridge, and had left for work already.

Ouch. Too little, too late. Maybe my focus was too broad.

I'm sorry, dear.

1 comment:

  1. oops! Somethin how we get so focused on our own journey that we get short sighted on theirs! Our Father in Heaven WILL give us this day our daily bread AND forgive us our trespasses! He is so good. He forgives and points us in the right direction. It goes like this:I desire mercy, not sacrifice. Wow.
    I can't tell you how much I love your heart. Mom

    ReplyDelete