YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Friday, July 31, 2009

Pick Five

And so it begins. When I wake tomorrow, I shall endeavor to eat five simple foods for 40 days. Brown rice, edamame, spinach, almonds and apples. I have chosen the foods for their nutritional value, versatility, and taste. I will drink only water.

The inception of Pick Five was a few weeks ago, when I became suddenly and painfully aware of the abundance I have, and my inability to understand its value. Not only had I taken for granted that my plate was always full, but had forgotten to consider those who dream of such comfort.

Pick Five is a simplification. It is not a fast. It is not a diet. It is not a craze. It is an exercise in living simply, seeking God and His purposes, considering and caring for others, and sharing the lessons I learn with my family and friends. I hope you take the journey with me.


PS: Did you see that picture? I should be so lucky to eat at such a banquet.

PPS: So sorry that tomorrow is a sabbath, although I think it most appropriate. You'll have to wait until Day Two to hear from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment