YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Don't Call it a Diet


"I don't get it."
"What?"
"This whole 'pick five' thing of yours."
"Well, for 40 days, starting on August 1st..."
"I know, but why?"
"I want to learn something."
"What does that mean?"
"I don't know yet."

It started with a stirring. I told you, Willy Wonka and Zambia and all that (see previous posts if you're totally confused). I know that I need the simplicity and the perspective that Pick Five will provide. And there were some other factors that led me to a place where I want to take a sharp needle, reach out, and pop the bubble of my family and close friends with which I have insulated myself. But I have a confession. I don't know what I'm going to learn from this. I only know that I'm going to learn something.

Here's what I do know. As my friend Jen Hatmaker reminded me in her new book, if we claim to love Jesus, we are called to feed His lambs. Undefiled worship is taking care of the broken and oppressed. I'm praying that with my Pick Five simplification (don't call it a diet), God will show me things that stand in my way of being His servant. And then work them out in me, so that I might go. So that I might go.

No comments:

Post a Comment