YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Strong to the Finish


'Cause I eats me spinach. I'm Popeye the sailor man. Toot toot!

Yep:

1. Almonds
2. Brown Rice
3. Spinach

Spinach is a delicious and nutritious leafy green. It is rich in Vitamins A, C, K and folate. It is mildly anti-inflammatory and can be eaten raw or lightly steamed.

Popeye knew what he was doing, because this is one food that's packed with some serious punch.

By the way, did anyone else ever notice that Popeye's, "I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam," rings eerily similar to, "I AM THAT I AM," found in Exodus 3:14? Except one is a cartoon character and one is, oh, I don't know... GOD?! I always thought that was strange.

Three down, two to go. Any suggestions? (Feel free to comment at any time.)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for loaning me Three Cups of Tea. I finished it yesterday -- and choked back tears several times along the way.

    What about an item, like the Balti apricots or yak, where you could use different pieces of the whole? I was truly amazed by their enjoyment of the yak marrow and inside of apricot pits. (And the Native American use of bison.)

    Not that I'm suggesting eating marrow. Just the idea.

    ReplyDelete