YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lap of Luxury

"In areas where a wide variety of foods are abundantly available, people may not eat certain foods simply because they do not like them. Many areas of the world, however, cannot afford this luxury." --Foods & Nutrition Encyclopedia

I'm not picky. At all. I love food. Nearly all of it. I won't eat liver or tripe again, but I tried a grilled bull testicle at a Fourth of July party this year. I must confess, I really just wanted to watch my mother-in-law cringe as I chewed it up. (Don't eat a bull testicle, by the way.) But aside from the rare animal part the only other thing the good Lord has granted me a distaste for is flaky pastry. Yes, I don't like donuts. Nor danishes. Nor cinnamon rolls. And no, I'm not skinny.

But I am TOTALLY guilty of grabbing a Tupperware container filled with leftovers (this concept is a whole other topic) checking under the lid, and inadvertently letting my lip curl Elvis-style. I so often put it back. It was delicious last night! I should be so lucky to have an abundance, that I might enjoy the delicacy the next day as well.

So, I can say all I want that I'm not picky. Because right now, I can eat whatever I want. Let's see if that stands up to the Pick Five.

No comments:

Post a Comment