YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Lineup

My Pick-Five Final Line Up:
1. Almonds
2. Brown Rice
3. Spinach
4. Edamame
5. Apples!!!

Yes, the last pick is the sweetest. Apples are balancing out the remainder of the vitamin spectrum and adding some crispity crunch. I plan to start each day with a delicious rosy apple (like Jonagold or Fuji) and then have 1/2 an apple later when I need that afternoon snack. Nature's candy, right? My sweet tooth sure hopes so.

I remember my sister took a field trip to Yosemite National Park with her junior high classmates. She described a long and difficult hike up one of Yosemite's peaks that took half the day. After sweating like a dog and exhausting her canteen, she stood at the top of the peak. And then proceeded to eat what was to be the most delicious and memorable apple of her whole life.

I love that story. It makes me want to eat an apple. Or 60.

1 comment: