YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Test Run


Wow, am I glad I did some test runs on this food! Have you ever had a bowl of rice and edamame with loads of pepper but no salt? YUCK!

(Oh, yeah. By the way, I also chose edamame.)

1. Brown rice
2. Almonds
3. Spinach
4. Edamame

What's edamame? (My 5-year old calls it eat-a-mommy. He thinks this is hilarious.) It's a baby soybean, boiled in the pod and salted. Loaded with protein and low in fat, it beats the nutritional pants off beans. I'll let you discover it for yourself if you haven't already. And if you have, you feel me, right? It's a good one, am I right? Right? You think it's a good choice, don't you? I can totally eat it for forty days. No problem. I think. (Can you tell I'm starting to have serious doubts about all this?)

But also in doing a test run, I'm making an executive decision to switch from pepper to salt for my single seasoning. No salt? What was I thinking? Salt is so perfect, it's biblical. I mean, even God likes salt. And Job said it perfectly: "Is tasteless food eaten without salt? ... I refuse to touch it; such food makes me ill." Job 6:6-7 After eating a bowl of peppered rice, I couldn't agree more.

So, no pepper. Salt. Tap tap no trade backs.

Parting thought: I want you to think about this -- what would you pick if you were doing this? What five things could you stand to look at, day in and day out, for forty days? What would you have to give up? Just think it over. Mull it around. Then, tomorrow, I'll have a follow-up question for you. Stay tuned.

1 comment: