YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Loopholes


Why am I trying to find loopholes in my own game? Ever since I started thinking about narrowing my food plate to five items, I have been barraged with questions from my friends, and have been battling within myself...

Does coffee count?
What about spices?
Can you switch one of your five halfway through?
Can it be a complex food like tortillas, or does it have to be in its natural state?

I'm ready to throw the whole thing out, and I haven't even started. It is so in my nature to rebel against the rules. It seems silly. I should want to follow them, right? I made them. I mean, I suppose it's my prerogative to bend them/break them/ignore them. But I'm not going to get tied up in rules and stuff. This is an exercise in simplicity, after all.

However -- I am going to allow WATER as a freebie. And I figure, everyone in the world has access to something that they can crush up and put on their food, so I'm allowing ONE SPICE not to count.

So, sue me. I'm tucking water and pepper into my pocket (but no salt, eek).

And my second food for my 40-day Pick Five is.... par-a-dum-da-da-dum...

2. Brown Rice

I love a good complex carbohydrate. They are good fillers, rich in energy producing stuff, and brown rice has a lot of fiber, which I am all too scared I'll need. Also, you can't beat the bite and nutty flavor of this delicious staple.

1. Almonds
2. Brown Rice

So far, so brown. Better get some color soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment