YOU ARE HERE.

Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first time you're here, you'll notice that this blog is about a 40-day experiment that I did. The problem is, the posts start at Day 40, and this blog site won't let me reverse the order of the posts. So, if you're interested, go ahead and start at the beginning, in the July posts. It will make a lot more sense. I promise.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow

I'm sort of embarrassed to think how many times I have answered the question, "What's wrong?" with, "I need coffee." Sometimes people get this pained look and say, "Hey, is everything all right?" and I answer, "I just need coffee." Within my close circle, it's become quite known. "Come on over; I'll throw on a pot for you." Even my kids have got my number. When my kiddo was two and a half, she called me out in the van one day: "Mommy, you grumpy. You need coffee?"

Sadly, coffee has become a condition of my personality.

So, here I stand at the doorway to Pick Five. I'm holding rice and almonds and I've tucked water and pepper into my pocket. But do I NEED coffee? There's a voice, right now as I'm typing, that is screaming in my head, "YES! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? YES! YES! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!" But I know that there are nutritious things that I need, that I shouldn't sacrifice, for this addiction I have. But... it's coffee... I know I could ween -- I'd need to start soon -- but I just. like. coffee. so. much.

And I think that is exactly that why I can't take it with me on my 40-day journey.

So sorry, old friend. I'll see you on the other side.

1 comment:

  1. What?!?! You're a stronger woman than me, Susana.

    ReplyDelete